Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 55-Coo Coo Ka Choo, Mrs. Washington

  1.  I'm a few days behind due to my first blade injury.  I got new x-acto blades and the one I was using was so sharp I didn't even notice that I had cut myself until, like a really bad paper cut, it started to smart with a fury that seems unbelievable given the smallness of the cut itself!  Anyway, a tube of super glue later and some band-aids and I am back in the proverbial saddle.  This was my original concept for the piece "Winter," however when I finished the concept sketch it just looked too much like George Washington with the white powdery wig...so I re purposed it (I liked the shapes) and renamed it "Mrs. Washington"...it seemed fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
100 Papercuts by Beth Stone is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.